Research at UCSC is thriving. Private giving makes a real difference to our research endeavors.
Beyond individual research projects, UC Santa Cruz faculty are involved in research on various scales, from small, focused activities within academic divisions, to large research units, some with campuswide scope and others with wider connections to the 10-campus University of California system and beyond.
State-of-the-art labs, libraries, studios, and theaters provide researchers with the space and tools they need to create knowledge on a world-class scale. Research initiatives take place within each of UCSC's five academic divisions, as well as the library—collaborative activities that often involve people in other fields.
Research opportunities for graduate and undergraduate students are plentiful, proving that research and instruction are mutually supportive.
- Graduate students are an integral part of UCSC's research community, working closely with faculty as contributing members of research teams. UCSC graduate students also serve as inspiring mentors for undergraduates.
- UCSC offers undergraduates a unique opportunity to engage in research activities, either by participating in the ongoing projects of the faculty or by developing their own projects under faculty supervision.
Donors play an important role in supporting research programs, centers, and groups. There are many ways to give to UC Santa Cruz. To donate online, visit our secure online giving site and search for the name of the program you wish to support.
If you want to learn more about making a gift over $25,000, please contact a development officer.
The Importance of Endowments
Endowments enable UC Santa Cruz to accomplish its greatest priorities:
- Support outstanding research and creative achievement
- Recruit and challenge outstanding students
- Attract and retain renowned faculty
If you want to learn more about creating an endowment, please contact a development officer.